Magisk is turning big by attracting the Android Rooted towards its unique features. Rooting the Android using the SuperSu is not only an Option anymore. Magisk provides many advanced features and Add-ons, that any user will appreciate. Especially, if you are on Android Nougat and higher with root access then moving from SuperSu to Magisk enable a lot more Systemless goodies, rooting hiding and Safety net features.
Many users still think that they cannot use the Xposed framework on Magisk Root. But a lot has changed with time. Now you can easily and safely install the Official Xposed over the Magisk Root. Here follow our tested guide to Install Systemless Xposed Framework on Magisk Root.
To install Official Xposed framework without Magisk, refer the link attached. This method is to only Install Systemless Xposed on Magisk (Modified to support Magisk by topjohnwu).
- Your device must be rooted with Magisk and should have Magisk Manager Installed. If not on Magisk, here is the guide to Root your Android device using Magisk.
- Must have a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Backup your current state your ROM using TWRP backup and also backup any important data, just to be cautious.
- Download Xposed Installer v3.1.5 -DVD Apk for Magisk. [Mirror] This a modified Xposed Installer to detect the Xposed framework on Magisk Root. Using rovo’s Xposed Installer may not detect the framework.
- Xposed Framework zip [Optional] – Needed only if you are flashing through TWRP. You can download them using Magisk Manager or Alternatively Get from Xda Posts.
|Android version||SDK version|
|Oreo 8.1||SDK 27|
|Oreo 8.0||SDK 26|
|Nougat 7.1||SDK 25|
|Nougat 7.0||SDK 24|
|Marshmallow 6.0+||SDK 23|
|Lollipop 5.1+||SDK 22|
|Lollipop 5.0+||SDK 21|
Note: While official the Xposed may or may not support on few devices, Systemless Xposed supports the most of the Samsung ROMs when rooted with Magisk. This is also a good reason for Samsung users to stay committed to the Magisk.
- Systemless Xposed is Universal across all processor architectures, so arm/arm64/x86 devices can download the same SDK zip.
- If you ever wanted to uninstall the Xposed, then deactivate the Magisk module of Xposed SDK and then delete it.
Install Systemless Xposed Framework on Magisk – Android Oreo/Nougat/Marshmallow
- Download the Xposed Installer Material (topjohnwu-DVD Apk for Magisk) from the link above and Install it. Don’t Open it. Normal Xposed Installer apk will not work.
- Open Magisk Manager, then Navigate to Magisk modules section and Search for the ‘Xposed.’
- You will get search results with Xposed SDK version, as in table install the suitable “Xposed SDK “as per your Android version. Follow the screenshots below for assistance.
- Install the Xposed Magisk Modules, reboot to activate it. Be patient, the first reboot may take some time.
- Now Open the Xposed Installer App, you have installed earlier. You should see Xposed framework detected in Green.
- Now you are ready to go with both Xposed and Magisk modules.
- Best Xposed modules for Android Phones [Latest]
- Best Magisk Modules for Magisk rooted Android devices.
Method 2: Install Systemless Xposed zip using TWRP Recovery
- First Download the appropriate zip file using the Magisk Manager. Only SDK version should be related to the Android version, Arm version is not required for systemless Xposed.
- Then reboot to TWRP >> Navigate to downloaded zip >> flash the zip >> reboot the system.
- The first reboot after flashing the zip may take some time in both the methods. So don’t interrupt the booting process. Also, make sure your device has some battery juice left to complete the boot process.
- After the reboot, you are ready with Xposed Framework on Magisk Root. Now Install the Xposed Installer and Open it. On the home page it should be saying Xposed (topjohnwu) framework found in the Green bar.
Also, read our best modules posts to take advantage of most useful ones.
Installation of Systemless Xposed on Magisk is no more a complicated, thanks to developers for their hard work in making the process simply simple. Hope you got Installed with the Xposed Framework on Magisk Root without running into issues. For any assistance please comment below.