Xposed modules are one main reason why many users root their Android device. Myself, I am a big of Xposed and I love tinkering my device with modules rather than shifting between buggy custom ROMs. Here, we got a detailed guide on installing Xposed Framework on Marshmallow & Lollipop running Android Phones.
It’s been more than a year since Xposed for marshmallow released. Recent reports from Google show that majority of users are still on Android marshmallow, despite the release of recent release of Android Oreo.While many manufacturers are not providing the android update, they may not get nougat or Oreo unless they install a custom ROM. But many Custom ROMs are not suitable for daily use
But by installing Xposed framework one can many nougat features like interface, expandable notifications just by installing the Xposed modules you like. For example, Staying on your old stock version, you can experience the latest Android Oreo’s UI and features using the Android O-ify Xposed module. And the Xposed modules are available on the Play store too. Follow our step by step guide to Install Xposed on Marshmallow 6.0/6.0.1 or Lollipop 5.0/5.1
If your device on Android Nougat then the follow up here to Install Official Xposed on Nougat [7.0/7.1]
- A rooted Android phone running Lollipop or Marshmallow. (Stock, Near Stock or Any AOSP based Custom ROMs)
- A custom recovery like TWRP installed on the phone.
- Backup the whole data present on the device, just as a safety measure. Use TWRP Backup
- Xposed Installer for nougat APK 3.1.4 | Mirror 1
Just make sure your phone is rooted properly. Also, Clearly know the Android version of your device, whether Lollipop 5.0, Lollipop 5.1/5.1.1 or Marshmallow 6.0+. Then, choose the right Xposed zip package. SDK21 is for Android 5.0 (Lollipop), SDK22 is for Android 5.1 (also Lollipop) and SDK23 is for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
Method 1: Install Xposed on Marshmallow or Lollipop, Using Xposed Installer App
- Install the latest Xposed installer apk. (Grant the root permissions when prompted)
- Open the app and it will show the details of the Xposed framework available for the device.
- Make sure the App is suggesting or installing the right version of Xposed SDK on your device as per the Android version and Chipset architecture.
- Once installed, reboot your device and App should show “Framework installed successfully” in green
Note: Reboot in both the methods will take some time, do not interrupt it. In case, if it stuck in bootloop you should flash framework remover zip using a custom recovery. so make sure, a custom recovery like TWRP or CMW is installed before you begin with the installation.
Method 2: Install Xposed on Marshmallow or Lollipop, Using TWRP
For this method, you should download the Xposed framework zip files from the links and then flash using the TWRP. Make sure you are of processor architecture using the Droid Hardware info App and then download the right SDK version of Framework.
Xposed Framework for Marshmallow (Zip)
|Processor Architecture||Xposed_SDK 21 for 5.0||Xposed_SDK 22 for 5.1+|
Xposed Framework for Lollipop (Zip)
|Processor Architecture||Xposed_SDK 23 for 6.0+ (All Marshmallow versions)|
Procedure to Flash Xposed zip in TWRP:
- First, download and transfer the appropriate Xposed zip to your device storage.
- Now, download and Install the Xposed Installer Apk
- Then, reboot into recovery and follow the baby steps below
- Install >> Choose the downloaded framework zip >> swipe to flash >> reboot system.
Now upon reboot, get back to framework installer and it shows ” Framework Installed”message in green. For detailed guide on using TWRP with images
You can now proceed with Installing Xposed modules according to your requirement and daily use. Here, are the 10 Essential and Best Xposed modules. A reboot is required whenever you switch between the modules. For any queries, please comment below.