After a year-long wait, Xposed Framework is now officially available for Android Nougat, both version of Nougat 7.0 and 7.1. You must have a rooted android and Now you can install Official Xposed on Nougat 7.1/7.0 running device.
XDA senior developer rovo89, who develops Xposed for various android versions have first released the beta version before 10 months and now it is officially available with the stable version. Yes, it is a bit late. but at least we got it.
Prior to this version, an Unofficial Xposed framework for Nougat is reported. But due to improper implementation, it was not that consistent with many Xposed Modules. With the new official version for Nougat 7.0 and 7.1, you will no longer face such issues. So if you are using prior, we highly recommend you to replace with the official Xposed framework on Nougat device. Here follow our detailed Guide, if you are not sure How to Install Official Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- Xposed Installer for nougat APK 3.1.4 | Mirror 1 (required for both Method 01 & Method 02)
- Download Xposed framework zip files for Nougat for arm/arm64/x86 devices – Xposed SDK 24 zip for Nougat 7.0 | Xposed SDK 25 zip for Nougat 7.1 (only required for Method 02)
Points to Note:
- Your Android phone should be rooted and should a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Always have a backup of the whole device including ROM and data (Guide on backing up your device using TWRP)
- The framework is only fully supported on Stock Android and AOSP based ROMs. It May or may not work perfectly on phones running on Samsung TouchWiz and other Custom UI’s like MIUI, EUI, ZEN UI..etc.
- Although, this guide is near to perfect; few users can face issues. So, understand the risk before following. You are the only person responsible for your device use, we hold no responsibility.
Method 01: Install Official Xposed framework on Nougat [7.1/7.0] using Xposed Installer
With new official version, Now it is also simple to install. Just root your phone and install the Xposed Installer app for Nougat and then it will install the framework on your Nougat device. We explained the same in simple steps below with images.
- Download the latest Nougat Xposed installer APK and Install it.
- Xposed will detect your device model, arm version and the latest version of framework available for your device.
- Click on Install/Update tab and select between two options Install/ Install via recovery. Nevertheless, both options require root and should work fine. There would be no difference in the features you will get, both ways are basically same.
Install: This option will download and Install the Xposed framework without booting into recovery.
Install via recovery: Selecting this option will install the Xposed framework zip file via a custom recovery like TWRP.
4. After successful installation, reboot the device. You must see be screen representing “Xposed framework version 88 active” on the Xposed installer app.
Method 02: Download & Flash Official Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.1/7.0 devices:
- Install and Open the Xposed installer and note the Arm & Android version shown at the bottom. (arm/arm64/x86)
2. Download the appropriate zip file from the above zip file link. Downloading and flashing a wrong file will result in a boot loop, please confirm you are flashing correct zip file.
3. Flash the zip through TWRP and reboot the device and Xposed installer app will detect the framework (guide on flashing a zip file using TWRP)
That’s it. Now you have Official Xposed Framework on Nougat device you are using.Now it time to install the Xposed modules which can be done form modules section in the app. Installing a module is nothing but installing an APK file. Select the Module you need, Download the latest version of the module and then install the APK file downloaded.After installation, reboot the device and module will appear in the modules section of the Xposed app.
If in some case, you want to uninstall the Xposed Framework then follow the same process by selecting uninstall option. Alternatively, You can also flash Xposed uninstaller zip using TWRP. For any issues, please comment below.