Magisk is becoming popular these days owing to its system less root and ability of its modules. With improved Android security and developer features, many popular Apps and digital payment Apps are blocking the rooted users from using their App. Hence, hiding the root access has become an essential feature for any rooted phones. With SuperSu as root, ability to hide root is limited and neither it provides extra functionalities like Magisk Modules. So slowly the Android community showing more interest in the Magisk. Here, follow the below Guide to Install Magisk on Any Android to Root the device and Use Magisk Modules.
- Android device with bootloader unlocked and Custom recovery like TWRP installed. (No root access needed)
- If you are using Xposed on your device, flash the Xposed uninstall zip to remove it. You can install the Xposed using Magisk modules, after Magisk installation.
- If your ROM is previously rooted in Supersu or any other root App, then uninstall them, remove the Supersu.
- If you are already a user of Magisk then it is highly recommended to update to the latest version using Magisk Manager.
The ROM (stock or custom) you are using must be in its original state i.e you must not alter the system in any way. If you removed any bloatware or Apps, then the ROM be reverted to the original state.
This is not a big task if you are using a custom ROM, you can simply flash a latest ROM zip file. In case, you are using manufacturer ROM then you should revert using any backup you have previously made. If you didn’t have any backup then you must clean install the manufacturer ROM to revert all the changes you made to the system.
- Latest Magisk v15.3 Zip | Mirror
- Latest Magisk Manager v5.5.5 | Mirror
- Latest Uninstaller [Mirror] – for all versions, In case Magisk is causing any unexpected boot issues, flash this uninstall zip from TWRP.
Alternatively, you can also download them Xda forum.
Install Magisk on Any Android [Root Any Android using Magisk]
You can also follow the procedure to root an android device using Magisk. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Download the both Magisk zip and Magisk manager zip. Also, transfer them to your device internal storage.
- Reboot the device into TWRP recovery, either use key combinations or commands.
- Select Wipe >> Advanced >> Cache/Dalvik.
- Go back to the main menu, Select Install and Choose the Magisk zip you have downloaded earlier.
- Confirm the zip and then Swipe to flash the Magisk.
- Reboot the device, once flashing process is completed.
- You must see the magisk manager App installed. In case, it was not installed then manually install the Magisk manager APK and it should show Magisk installed in green text.
- Now you are ready to go with Installation of Magisk modules. Here, explore our list of best Magisk modules for further Add on compatibilities.
Safety Net is one such module comes with the Magisk manager with the ability to Bypass the Android Pay and Netflix like Rooted blocked Apps on the Rooted devices. You can install in One-click by clicking on ‘Start Safety-Net check’ home screen or Just the follow the guide attached.
How to Install Magisk Modules from Repo / Third party APKs
Repo is an official store like a place to get the Magisk modules and it can be accessed inside from Magisk Manager. So with Magisk Manager Installed you can directly install them Modules section. For each module, you can also see the details and Version of Android it supports. This method is easy and often recommended.
- Go to Downloads, select the modules you want to Install (in our case, Greenify which can extend battery life)
- View the details and confirm the version compatibility.
- Click on Install zip and then Manager manager will do the rest. Reboot on complete.
Alternatively, There are few Magisk Modules which can be directly installed from the playstore. Or You can also download APK of any Magisk Module to install it normally like any other App. Just make sure that “Install from Unkown sources” is enabled in the settings.
However, Few premium only modules are also available on Playstore for purchase.Hope, you got the instructions to install Magisk Manager and to use Magisk Modules. For any issues, comment below.