If you search deep for Android, you may come across the term ADB, which stands for Android Debug Bridge. As the name implies, it acts as a bridge between your Android phone and PC, when connected using a USB Cable. Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool deal with Apps side loading, Flashing, tweaking, and modifying the system files of an Android device. So, if you are into Device Unlocking, Flashing and Tweaking your Android Device then ADB is a must have tool.
Not only for Unlocked Devices, but ADB Fastboot tool is also useful for Locked devices to access the hidden “system tuner permissions” through ADB commands. Using System tuner permissions users can alter few hidden settings which are usually not accessible.
Advantages of Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool:
In Actual, ADB and Fastboot binaries are installed with Android Developer Kit which is really large around 1.5 GB which is only useful for App developers.
Minimal ADB and Fastboot is a ported version in Minimum size (around 1MB) for Beginners who don’t need entire Android SDK. Follow the steps below to Install and Setup the Minimal ADB Fastboot tool.
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.4.3: Download | Mirror [Latest]
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.4.2: Download
- Enable the Developers Options and USB Debugging on your Android device. (How to do this ?)
- Make sure; your PC has proper USB Drivers. Alternatively, Download Universal USB Drivers.
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot v1.4: Download | Mirror
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot v1.3.1: Download | Mirror
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot v1.3: Download | Mirror
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot v1.2: Download | Mirror
Users are suggested to use the latest version of ADB and Fastboot tools (v1.4.3). In most cases, they should work fine. If you are working too old Android versions like Gingerbread, KitKat etc then try a bit older versions. For all Android Lollipop 5.0+ and above versions, till the latest Oreo 8.0 latest version will work without any issues.
Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool & Setup Guide:
- Download the Latest Minimal ADB & Fastboot Zip from the above link and open the .exe file and Proceed with Installation. (make a note of location)
- After the Installation, Search for ADB and Fastboot and open the location of ADB installation folder. Generally, it will be installed in the root of C drive or in Program Files(x86).
- In the ADB Installation folder, Right Click the mouse, while holding the Shift key and then Select ‘Open Command Window Here’ from the options.
- Now Connect your Device and Enable USB debugging. Also, ensure you have proper USB drivers.
- Enter the following command adb devices to show the list of connected devices.
- It should return an output as shown in the Image. This indicates that your device is successfully connected.
Things to follow up:
- Always remember to open the command prompt of ADB from Installation folder as stated above to ensure proper working of commands.
- Also, always use the Latest version of the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool while flashing or modding your Android device.
That’s it. Minimal ADB & Fastboot tool is now ready for use on your Computer to perform Debugging Operations. It is also an essential tool we use whenever we need to send few commands our device. In the coming articles, you come to know the utilization of this tool. For any comments, please comment below.