Truecaller is one of the most used apps to find or search for unknown numbers and names of new callers. Truecaller has improved a lot in these years, adding new features like Spam detection, Blocking calls and Sms. Flash Chat, Premium features and much more. However, Not everyone wants to list themselves under Truecaller. Some may also be listed with the wrong name or under a wrong category, sometimes also under spam. In that case, we may want to change/remove names from the Truecaller. Read on to know How to Change/remove a name from the Truecaller.
Steps to change a name on Truecaller: 2 Methods
Method 1: Direct method to Change the name using Truecaller account
- Install the Truecaller app on your device.
- Register and Verify your number using the app.
- Now, Open settings and Open Profile to edit your name. That’s it.
Method 2. Steps to Change name without registering on Truecaller
- Visit this truecaller page and \sign in with any true caller. (use your friend’s account.)
- Search for the number you want to the change the name for.
- Under the search results, Click on suggest a better name.
- Fill your desired name and click submit.
Note: Your name may or may not be approved, to make sure it is approved just send an email to email@example.com mentioning your mobile phone number along with the country code. This also makes the process faster, resulting in faster approval of name change.
How to remove your name and number from Truecaller?
- Open this link www.truecaller.com/unlisting
- Fill the unlisting form and provide the required details.
- Once submitted, your request will be screened and will be approved.
- That’s it. Now your number will be listed and will show as an unknown number on the True caller app.
- If you are a registered user on the true caller, make sure you have deactivated your account. Go to>> Settings>>About>>Deactivate account.
For any issues, Please comment below.